About this PropertyProperty Description
Station 22 1/2 is a classic Sullivan's Island bungalow that offers the ideal blend of historic beach appeal plus modern upgrades and chic, coastal-inspired design. This 3 BR/2 BA quintessential beach bungalow SLEEPS 5 GUESTS and offers the best of Sullivan's Island living. Conveniently located at the entrance to the island, it's a short walk to the beach and all the magnificent eateries located along Sullivan's Island's vibrant, Middle Street. The outdoors beckons with sea breezes and you'll appreciate the access to roughly 600 SF of porches, decks, and a heated and cooled outdoor office/workshop area overlooking the handsome backyard. Appreciate mature fruit trees, often bursting with Lemons, Limes, Kumquats, Loquats, and Grapefruits. Take the winding iron staircase from the yard to the rooftop deck and relax with a beverage under the stars. The entire property is fenced, including the 5+ parking spaces in the front with automatic entry gate and a 6' privacy fence in the rear. All of this just steps from everything the island has to offer. Plus, this great location means you'll savor the simple access on and off the Island during the busy summer season.
Station 22 1/2 offers all the amenities and luxury details to make your stay feel like an idyllic beach hideaway. Bright interiors, comfortable furnishings, and a well-equipped cooks kitchen with direct access to dining on the screened-in porch. The refreshed primary suite with KING BED includes an en-suite bath with generously sized step-in shower. Two secondary bedrooms, one with QUEEN BED and one with TWIN BED share a hall bath with soaking tub and separate shower. This appealing bungalow offers all-on-one-floor living and includes a stack washer/dryer.
Savor Sullivan's Island living at its best in an ideal location that offers loads of privacy all while just walking distance or a fast bicycle ride to the beach, eateries, bars, galleries, shopping. From here you're just a 5 min. drive over the Ben Sawyer Bridge to enjoy all of the shopping & dining of Mt. Pleasant and a quick 15 min. drive from the historic downtown Charleston peninsula.
Each of our luxury vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests' stay will be included by your Concierge on the date of your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone. In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Upon arrival, after the established 4PM check-in time, you may enter and exit the rental at your leisure with these codes. Additionally, requests can be made for your Concierge to meet you at the property upon check-in. We are here to make the check-in process a seamless one!
Our concierge team is committed to delivering exceptional service, impeccable cleanliness and all the conveniences of your everyday home. With each stay you'll enjoy high thread count linens, spa quality towels, hair dryer, ironing board, washer and dryer, standard coffee maker, kitchen cookware and silverware, shower toiletries and soaps, additional linens and towels, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, and more. With our concierge services you can choose to have our team handle all the details of your trip. From stocking your refrigerator to reserving beach equipment, there isn't much our Concierge team can't help you with during your stay. And should you need any recommendations, it would be our enjoyment to provide suggestions for eateries, make reservations, organize activities, and answer any questions.
We offer the option to purchase trip insurance through CSA Travel Insurance. We highly recommend adding trip insurance to your reservation, especially if you are traveling during hurricane season (June-November).
At the time of booking, we require a payment of 50% of your total rental amount. The remainder of your balance will be due 30 days prior to your check in date and will be automatically charged to the card we have on file. If you are booking within 30 days of your expected arrival date, the full payment is due at the time of booking.
We have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policy to accept for flexibility to help you make the right decisions regarding travel at this time. Please inquire with out team for additional details.
*Minimum rental age is 25.
Optional & Additional Fees
$50 Early Check In Fee, $25/hour late check out fee.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will send tourism guides with savings for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your rental search.
- Just want to stay away from the crowds of people and reduce costs? Off-peak times provide sizeable discounts.
- Several property management companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning vacation goers of the same vacation home. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly longing for ? If there's a particular Sullivan's Island atteaction you simply love, look for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed due to medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be shocked at the number and wide variety of short term vacation rentals available in the Sullivan's Island area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to come across a rental home that meets their desires and spending budget.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting families with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Below are great tips and methods to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Do you believe "NEW LISTING: Charming Sullivan's Island Cottage!" is the best vacation property for your next vacation? Read this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Sullivan's Island rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Holiday gatherings are a great time for groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Pick a Community and Time
Begin by determining which specific area of Sullivan's Island you want to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Bear in mind that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Will your preferred rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, ensure each party knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Rental Home Features
What home features is the group trying to find? Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental payment? Create a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Special Factors to consider
Optimal access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and breeds could be limited. Study your contract carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
After the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Sullivan's Island local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering distinctive properties, local companies provide you with fantastic service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of similar properties that suit your desires and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Your greatest prospects for a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Vacation Property
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any necessary repairs.
- You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many headaches.
- Be respectful of the local community. Local people will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every space of the rental to ensure that you've packed all belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental web sites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Does everybody want to return next year? Maybe everything ended up being fantastic and you are excited to re-book the same rental home for your next vacation. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with your next search.