About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 9 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to Raven, an AvantStay home!
All your beachy dreams come true at this unique getaway, just mins. from nature trails and Sullivan's Island beach. Step into an broad, open floor plan with stunningly high ceilings and roomy rooms that accommodate even the biggest of groups. Grab a drink from the wet bar, get the record player going, and head to the pool table for some friendly competition. Even when you're inside, a huge deck and four balconies–including a covered al fresco dining area–provide simple outdoor access so you always feel close to the sun. Whether you're having fun in the game room, at the beach, or by the pool, you'll want to end your days admiring the stars from the hot tub. Appreciate!
Nearby Attractions: Sullivan's Island's Beach, Sealand Adventure Sports, Sullivan's Island Nature Trail, Fort Sumter National Monument, Station 18 Beach, Port Moultrie, Sullivan's Island Lighthouse, Pages Okra Grille, Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, Poe's Tavern, The Obstinate Daughter, Republic Ice Cream.
Charleston should be on everybody's bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you'll ever have. Whether it's walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston's 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to numerous striking beaches.
Feel Charleston, AvantStay style.
All AvantStay guests have access to our 24/7 guest experience line, a dedicated hospitality manager, and hotel-grade amenities.
- Please note that this property is only available for a three-nighttime minimum stay.
- Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
- Pool is cleaned every Thursday
- Unfortunately, family pets are not allowed at this home. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- This home does not offer pool heat.
- This home has an occupancy limit of 12 guests overnight.
- Fireplace is currently inoperable and not available for guest use.
- This is an older home with a rustic feel. While there are some modern touches, much of the home is not refreshed.
2 cars can park on-site.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / King bed
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / Two twin beds
Bedroom 4 / Full bed
Bedroom 5 / Full bed
Bedroom 6 / Full bed
Bedroom 7 / King bed
Bedroom 8 / King bed
Bedroom 9 / King bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been supplied in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 30 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be included for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this vacation home is near the beach. Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Isle of Palms Marina. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Sullivans Island rental property booking tips:
Sticking to a rental home budget:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- To book the best rental for your budget, we suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite Sullivan's Island restaurants and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Sullivan's Island vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Some property managers offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many rental management companies supply Sullivan's Island area visitors guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Sullivan's Island visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to select the best rental in the Sullivan's Island area:
- Select your dates and max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration you need. Raven by AvantStay
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking pages. If not, contact the host before you book the home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is best for your group.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the property manager about pet restrictions before booking.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
More tips for your visit:
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your vacation home while you are away. Keep your property safe!
- At Check-in, note any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Re-check the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all belongings at departure. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a wonderful stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or host was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.