- As low as $512/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Limo/town car service
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Sleeps 10
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 2065 sq ft (192 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2065 square feet
Linens: 1 Queen, 6 Twins, 1 Bunk
Charleston was founded in 1670, which makes it one of the most historic cities in our nation. 1111 Middle Street on Sullivan's Island has been a part of Charleston's history for just over 150 years! Constructed around 1860 (owned by the same family for 125 years) and featured in the National Historic Register, 1111 Middle Street is one of the most special and unique homes your family will ever spend a vacation!
Located near Fort Moultrie, this property was center to the defense of Charleston during the War of 1812, the first shots of the War Between the States, and the sinking of U-Boats during World War Two. During the Cold War, the conning towers of nuclear submarines would silently pass this spectacular home after being armed at the Naval Base. Even today, from the enormous screen porch your family will be able to see the coming and going of hulking container ships, cruise ships, and the Charleston Shrimp Fleet as they navigate the channel between Sullivan's Island and Fort Sumter. From sunsets over Charleston's Church Steeples, to the imperious Cooper River Bridge, 1111 Middle Street offers one of the most special vistas of Historic Charleston and the Atlantic Ocean since the early 1800's.
1111 Middle Street has many features of the property that preserve its special history. The property owner's steps at preservation have made the home highly beautiful. Even Hollywood has recognized the uniqueness of this home and featured it in the movie “Dear John”! History lives both inside and outside of 1111 Middle Street. The interior features historic wood floors and walls with four bedrooms and two full baths. Smoking and candles are prohibited to preserve this elegant home.
Two bedrooms are located upstairs and feature harbor vistas. The downstairs master bedroom opens onto the oceanfront porch. The living room and dining area also open to the screened porch. The preservation of this home prevents it from featuring a central heating and cooling system. It is closed during the winter season and air conditioning is supplied with window cooling units. Also, in keeping with the historic nature of the home, only a single T.V. is featured. The sizable screen porch is where your family will spend most of their time when not on the beach. It is wide with amazing vistas and is appealingly positioned to capture the southwest winds during the summer months making it comfortable despite the heat.
A short private path takes you down to a peaceful beach that changes in size based on the Charleston tides. Beachside Vacations is so proud to offer you the opportunity to relive history in this really extraordinary home that has been watching over Charleston for 150 years. From battles that shaped our country's history, to hurricanes and earthquakes, 1111 Middle Street has been present on Sullivan's Island throughout and is the ideal home for your family's next vacation. Book early for the best chance to reserve this striking home! "Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island."
Additional Conveniences Include:
Beachside Vacations Special Offer: $250 Beach Gear Rental Credit for Every Vacation Rental, 4 to 28 nights! Choose between beach chairs, umbrellas, bicycles, coolers, and much more! Please call Beachside Vacations for details.
High speed internet with Wi-Fi.
Air conditioning is supplied by window units. There is not a heater for the home.
Beachside Direct Check in at vacation home.
Text and e-mail status updates of accommodations on arrival date.
Washer and dryer.
Parking for four cars.
Linens and bath towels are included, as well as starter supplies including soap, shampoo and paper products.
Beachside Vacations swag: sand bucket, lip balm, stickers and koozies.
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this vacation home is on the beach. Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Charleston City Market and Village Pointe Shopping Center. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or TD Arena. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the very best rental experience:
When to book a Sullivan's Island rental & When to go:
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer time is high season in Sullivans Island. Booking your Sullivan's Island vacation rental in Fall or Spring is our best tip for saving money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Sullivan's Island vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your family qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies typically offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Look for your local Sullivan's Island visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, travel guide magazines contain money saving offers on nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Planning, selecting, and booking your Sullivan's Island vacation home:
- Begin by choosing trip dates and a budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. Historic Sullivans Oceanfront-Feat. in Hollywood Movie! Relax Beachfront Watching CHS Harbor! has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Sullivan's Island rentals search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible on booking pages. If not, email the property management company before you book your home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to determine what is best for your group.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or costs could be applied to your invoice.
- Does your group require specific amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
Have a great stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, stereo or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents a lot of difficulties.
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Record any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor. Often times, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, remember to take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a fantastic stay? Most rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property management company was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Fort Moultrie - 0.1 miles
- Pitt Street Park - 0.7 miles
- Sullivan's Island Lighthouse - 1.0 miles
- Patriot's Point - 3.4 miles
- I'on Village Mt. Pleasant, SC - 3.6 miles
- Memorial Waterfront Park - 3.8 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 4.0 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.1 miles