- As low as $1,121/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 4 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- On the lake
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Private pool
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Welcome to Haven, an AvantStay home!
A beachfront gem located on the Atlantic coast just a short drive from downtown Charleston. Gather all your guests for dinner with a view overlooking the water, then grab a mint julep and walk from the completely furnished wrap-around porch to the pool or to the sand, where you’ll find a secluded set-up to kick back by the ocean. Blending modern bungalow chic with a traditional Southern style, this beach home features light-filled interiors that promise showstopping sunsets and plenty of lounge space to relax after a day of surfing. Don’t miss a chance to recharge under the stars from the rooftop balcony. Dive into all Charleston has to offer with AvantStay.
Nearby Attractions: Isle of Palms Beach, Barrier Island Ecotours, Deep Water Vineyard, Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, Charleston Fun Park, Mount Pleasant Town Centre, Tidalwave Watersports, Fly In Helicopter Tours, Cafe Paname.Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine!
Charleston should be on everybody’s bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you’ll ever have. Whether it’s walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston’s 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple gorgeous beaches.
Feel Charleston, AvantStay style.
All AvantStay guests have access to our 24/7 guest experience line, a dedicated hospitality manager, and hotel-grade amenities.
- Please note that this property is only available for a three-nighttime minimum stay.
- Fireplace is inoperable and not available for guest use.
- We allow service animals at this home. If undisclosed family pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- Guests will be required to provide car details and sign the Sullivan's Island Guest Addendum prior to check-in.
- Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
- This home does not offer pool heat.
- Please note that garden maintenance takes place every Thursday or Friday.
- There is a dangerous drop-off adjacent to the beach behind home. Guests MUST use the path and keep away from the edge to safely access it. Directions: enter the path from the backyard, go left, and walk about 30 ft. until you reach the beach.
- This is NOT a swimming beach due to the riptide.
- Please be aware that palmetto bugs (commonly identified as cockroaches) are common in the southeast and are very prevalent in the early winter and early summer months.
- Please note our occupancy includes an additional two beyond bed count. Trifold floor beds and additional linens can be supplied upon request.
- Beach chairs are not included at this property, please reach out to AvantStay to rent beach chairs/umbrellas.
Space for 6 cars to park on site.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / King bed w/ Ensuite
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / Bunkbed w/ trundle
Bedroom 4 / Two twin beds
Bedroom 5 / King bed
Bedroom 6 / King bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been supplied in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 30 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be included for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Charleston Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Tolers Cove Marina. Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental home booking tips:
When to book a Sullivan's Island rental & When to go:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the largest vacation home within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Fall or Spring months. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite Sullivan's Island restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Sullivan's Island vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines have coupons for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
How to choose the best vacation home in Sullivans Island:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your vacation dates, and select a spending budget.
- Luxury Beachfront Home w/ Pool & Gorgeous Patios has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Sullivan's Island rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available on booking pages. If not, email or call the property manager before reserving the property. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or costs might be applied to your invoice.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
During your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact info to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent many difficulties.
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Note any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be valuable if a dispute is filed.
- Be respectful. Often, surrounding homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed all personal items at departure. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a terrific vacation? Many rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.