- 6 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- BBQ grill(s)
- Beach access
- Dining table
- Smoke-free property
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Approximately 4590 square feet
Gracious living in the 4950 sq ft. , 6 bedroom Mugdock Castle with a pool. This idyllic & extravagant property is a block from Sullivan's Island beach just behind Ft. Moultrie.
The property has room for everybody in and outside offering 1600 sq ft of covered outdoor space, private backyard getaway
and an broad rooftop terrace with expansive vistas of the Atlantic Ocean, Charleston Harbor and Intercoastal Waterway.
The charmingly decorated interior is grandiose with marvelous craftsmanship through out. The chic decor & design incorporates the rich history with the comfort of a a modern day Lowcountry beach castle.
The property is comprised of two connected buildings (Winter Hall and Summer Hall) making room for everybody. The original structure Winter Hall, features 27 ft ceilings, and has the gourmet kitchen, dining hall, library & living room with a cast stone fireplace.
Summer Hall hosts the six bedrooms all designed with constructed in beds and charming bathrooms. Additionally, the main room, with 16ft ceilings and a carved limestone fireplace overlooks the Atlantic Ocean.
South facing, wrap-around porches are found on the second and third floor of the Hall. Each have outdoor showers.
Feel like royalty in this unique and majestic property with multiple indoor and outdoor entertaining spaces and magnificently landscaped private grounds.
Your host lives close by, so please reach out if you need anything!
You'll receive your keypad access code prior to arrival.
Life on Sullivan's Island is coastal living at its best with ocean access just steps away from the back door. Savor a walk or bicycle ride on the beach or folic in the surf. Sullivan's features some of Charleston’s finest eateries just a few blocks away. If you are feeling adventurous, Downtown Historic Charleston and all it has to offer is just a 20 min. drive.
Elevated touches can be found throughout the property to guarantee you have a anxiety-complimentary vacation. This includes contactless entry for a speedy check-in and high-speed internet. Appreciate complimentary parking for all!
The Mugdock Castle is an impeccably restored and newly decorated historic landmark.
Images supplied by Kim Graham Photography.
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this castle is near the beach. Fort Moultrie and Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Fairmount Shopping Plaza Shopping Center and Village Pointe Shopping Center. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or TD Arena. Spend some time exploring the area's activities, including basketball.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips to get the best Sullivan's Island vacation property experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To find the best value, try shifting your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, , and greatly reduced traffic.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Often, rental management companies supply Sullivan's Island area travel guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Sullivan's Island visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to pick the best rental home in Sullivans Island:
- First and foremost, have your group decide on date ranges and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Stunning Coastal Beach Castle has 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available online. If not, call the property management company before you reserve the vacation home. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You'll need to work out what is suitable for your vacation group.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a property that allows animals. Get specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Usually, property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
- Is your group looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental
Know before you go:
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. Put the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're gone! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- To make certain that damages aren't attributed to your family's visit, record any problem areas when you arrive. Make contact with the host right away to report any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a terrific resource to find the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to confirm you did not forget anything. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and look for any damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, take photos and video of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your family have a excellent stay? Most rental managers make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Fort Moultrie - 0.4 miles
- Sullivan's Island Lighthouse - 0.6 miles
- Pitt Street Park - 1.1 miles
- Patriot's Point - 3.9 miles
- I'on Village Mt. Pleasant, SC - 4.0 miles
- Memorial Waterfront Park - 4.3 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 4.5 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.5 miles