About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to Haven, an AvantStay home!
A beachfront gem located on the Atlantic coast just a short drive from downtown Charleston. Gather all your guests for dinner with a view overlooking the water, then grab a mint julep and walk from the completely furnished wrap-around porch to the pool or to the sand, where you'll find a secluded set-up to kick back by the ocean. Blending modern bungalow chic with a traditional Southern style, this beach home features light-filled interiors that promise showstopping sunsets and plenty of lounge space to relax after a day of surfing. Don't miss a chance to recharge under the stars from the rooftop balcony. Dive into all Charleston has to offer with AvantStay.
Nearby Attractions: Isle of Palms Beach, Barrier Island Ecotours, Deep Water Vineyard, Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, Charleston Fun Park, Mount Pleasant Town Centre, Tidalwave Watersports, Fly In Helicopter Tours, Cafe Paname.Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine!
Charleston should be on everybody's bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you'll ever have. Whether it's walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston's 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to numerous impressive beaches.
Feel Charleston, AvantStay style.
All AvantStay guests have access to our 24/7 guest experience line, a dedicated hospitality manager, and hotel-grade amenities.
- Please note that this property is only available for a three-nighttime minimum stay.
- Fireplace is inoperable and not available for guest use.
- Unfortunately, family pets are not allowed at this home. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- Guests will be required to provide car details and sign the Sullivan's Island Guest Addendum prior to check-in.
- Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
- This home does not offer pool heat.
- Please note that garden maintenance takes place every Thursday or Friday.
- There is a dangerous drop-off adjacent to the beach behind home. Guests MUST use the path and keep away from the edge to safely access it. Directions: enter the path from the backyard, go left, and walk about 30 ft. until you reach the beach.
- This is NOT a swimming beach due to the riptide.
Space for 6 cars to park on site.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / King bed w/ Ensuite
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / Bunkbed w/ trundle
Bedroom 4 / Two twin beds
Bedroom 5 / King bed
Bedroom 6 / King bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been supplied in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 30 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be included for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this vacation home is near the beach. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Charleston Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best Sullivan's Island rental experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Sullivan's Island area. To get the best value, shift your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Sullivan's Island vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Sullivan's Island visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines have deals for local accommodations and attractions.
Selecting the best rental home in Sullivans Island:
- Choose a group leader, choose your vacation week, and choose a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Haven by AvantStay
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available online. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before you reserve the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish what configuration is best for your family.
- If there's a specific Sullivan's Island attraction you are enamored with, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or charges applied to your invoice.
More tips for your stay:
- Store the owner's contact information in your smartphone.
- Note any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Re-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at check-out. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental a final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a great stay? Many rental websites make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.