- 6 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Housekeeper Included
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this Property**Saturday to Saturday rental in the Summer from Memorial Day week to Labor Day week. We have a 3 nighttime min in the off-season**
Tired of looking through tons of listings? Do you need a specific type of home or dates? We are a local family owned company, Exclusive Properties, located right here on Isle of Palms/Sullivan's. We specialize in pretty, opulence or budget friendly holiday units and can help you find the ideal home. We are familiar and live in the area and will make the process as painless as possible. Just call or e-mail us and one of our friendly holiday specialists will get back to you right away.
Recently added to our delight collection, 'The Bauer at Sullivan's Island' - 3204 Marshall Blvd. is a impressive oceanfront home on Sullivan's Island, close to the breach inlet and bridge to Isle of Palms. This rare masterpiece with pretty, comprehensive sea vistas is supplied with six bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms, private pool and screened in porch.
No swimming in the sea in this area, but half a block from your driveway is another public beach access path where you would be able to swim.
- 6 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms
- Private Pool
- Sea Front
- Multiple porches
- Ping pong table
- Gas grille
- Full list of comforts available below
- Bedroom 1: King bed, en suite full bath, TV
- Bedroom 2: King bed, half bath across the hall, TV
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed, shared full bath, TV
- Bedroom 4: King bed, shared full bath, TV
- Bedroom 5: King bed, shared full bath, TV
- Bedroom 6: 2 Twin beds, shared full bath, TV
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a holiday experience unlike any other. With a entirely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the best that Isle of Palms has to offer.
Our homes come with a check out tidy and linens for each bedroom. If you would rather bring your own, we can take off a linen fee of $400. You will also have the chance to buy additional bath towels and buy beach towels.
The kitchens are supplied with all of your preparing essentials. You just need to bring the food. We can also arrange to have the kitchen supplied with food before you arrive. Just ask us for details after you rent.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of renting. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you rent within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at renting.
We offer travel insurance to all of our visitors through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The price is 6.95% of your rental price. Please e-mail for exact price. We recommend getting travel insurance through us and not through Homeaway (CSA). We also offer "Cancel for Any Reason" travel insurance through Rental Guardian. You can inquire for more details.
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be ran/held the week leading up to your arrival, and will be completely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not supplied in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you travel guide books with savings for rental home management companies, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Willing to modify your trip week? Off-peak times provide substantive savings.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat visitors of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a specific activity you are mainly getting excited about ? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and locations you are most excited about.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Sullivan's Island area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to discover a rental home that suits their desires and price range.
The majority of rentals in Sullivan's Island are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical experience to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Sullivan's Island vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most novices will be delighted to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Do you think "'The Bauer at Sullivan's Island' Oceanfront, Private Pool, Rare Find!" is the perfect rental for your next visit? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many desirable hot spots, In Sullivan's Island the best vacation homes are booked very early. To assure the very best selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Sullivan's Island rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Select a Community and Time
Agreement can be tough among family members, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Check to make sure "'The Bauer at Sullivan's Island' Oceanfront, Private Pool, Rare Find!" works with your budget *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each person knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you simply desire a vacation home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are bed sheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Oftentimes the elder generation has challenges with stairways. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
When the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Sullivan's Island local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies frequently have an exclusive collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
When you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also advise promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any critical fixes.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Even when you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should be remedied before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Many rental management companies and rental websites allow travellers to offer comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but honest about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Did they enjoy their vacation? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning will be simple. If the property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.